Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 4.0.5 System Locking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaInstaller

Technical User
May 8, 2007
US
Greetings-

Anyone have a 500 lock up for no reason? What happens is, customer has 66 lines, all being answered by vmpro. Without warning, you are not able to dial in or out. Soft reboot seems to clear it. It was said by Avaya that more vm ports were needed, customer now has 24. Still the systems locks up, any patches or something I am missing. Initially it was said the the system resources will lock out if no vm ports are available, but with 24 I seem to doubt it. Any help appreciated...

use System Status Application

there is an option where you can see if you where out of WM ports

if you don't know how to set it up (i doubt but you never know)
here is the techbulletin

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Did that, there was a message that said: All Resources Unavailable Voice Mail Pro. But having said that, the systems locked up 4 times now, two of them after 5:00, when there is no traffic. Starting to suspect something different.

does the voicemail server goes standby or something like that ?
you say the systems lockes up but wich system lockes up ?
do you mean the ip office or the voicemail server ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

It is the IPO, not the VM Server. It is repoted that while this is in "lock out" they cannot make outgoing calls either. I have the config and monitor files I sent to Avaya, but sometimes that takes quite a while to get an answer.

Set fall backs in ICR, set up HG's to match ICR destinations so they will go there if VM does not answer. This should route calls to the IPO in the case the VM is not available, so incoming should be just fine, and since this is avoiding the failure of not having a valid destination, it will eliminate the errors locking up the system. If that does not work, disconnect all but 24 lines, and force ths issue to happen again, then send to Avaya the traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back