Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip406v2 or v1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
i checked on the monitor of an ip406 that i have and located the freemem that had a value of 4681344(55). does this mean that it is pcs7 since it doesnt fit under the value for pcs8 or pcs6 or lower? i am far away from the unit and need to figure out if it can be upgraded to 4.0 or not.

thanks in advance.

Yes it can
If it was a 16mb version you would have a value of 10232434 or something

You are save

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Maybe I am counting wrong but when I look at the free memory it is saying 4.6 meg or so. That is not big enough for 4.x correct?

That is how it looks to me too.

The post was v1 or v2. Can you call someone to look at the front of the kit. A v1 will only have a bank of lights on the left and and 8 port switch on the right. A v2 will have an 8 port switch on the right, 8 digital ports and 2 POT ports on the left.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

You are right

I missed one digit :)

Identifying the amount of memory in the IP406v2
Early 406v2 units only have 16Mb of memory, later units have 64Mb. Although it is possible to check the PCS version of a 406v2 system by looking at the printed label on the unit there are some pre PCS08 systems in the field that do have 64Mb of memory.
The best way to check the memory is to run the System Monitor application, this means it is possible to check this remotely. You will need to make sure that the “Resource Status Print” option on the System tab is enabled to be able to check the memory. When you connect to the system you will see a similar entry in the System Monitor output as shown below:
RES: Fri 3/2/2007 13:43:29 FreeMem=43346748(16) CMMsg=6 (6) Buff=100 520 500 520 1 Links=4194
If you look at the "FreeMem" value you will be able to tell what memory configuration your IP406v2 unit has. In the example above there is 43Mb free, so this is a 64Mb system. If you have a 16Mb system this value will be below 10 Mb.
If you do attempt to upgrade a system that does not meet the minimum requirements the Upgrade Wizard will show the following error.

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back