Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP406 running 4.0.7 random reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTECK

Technical User
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone running into any problems of random reboots with 4.0.7?

Thanks

Reboots are nearly always caused by something explainable.

SO get up a monitor dump.
I believe there are some factors which cause this sw build to reboot.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

indeed
show us a trace from a few minutes before the reboot and ofcourse the reboot also :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

the next 4,0 out has 60 ish fixes for rebooting units.

v4 has had some reboot issues.

There are alot of fixes in 4.0.10 (undocumented i think) and also there are even more in the next v4.0

upgrade to 4.0.10 first or try the trial build if you can get your mits on it.

ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

If you upgrade to 4.0.10, beware of the collective hunt group changes!

Thanks everyone. I have sent Tier 3 all the traces on the reboots and they are telling me there are multiple reasons for the reboots and they will get back to me. My other issue with loss of call path apparently was caused by unassisted transfers so now everyone is doing assisted transfers. Hopefuly they have a fix for that. Boy what happened to basic telephony! Seeing as I'm dealing with groups in this scenario what groups changes should I be aware of in 4.0.10 if I'm directed to upgrade?

Thanks

The transfer thing is a definite 4.0 7 thing.
4.0.10 is reported to resolve this however they have bought in as spec operation with call waiting with in hunt groups which is a real A**E.

ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back