Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip2004 keeps resetting about every 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

outthere27

Technical User
Jan 18, 2011
US
I have a Bcm 400 w/ 8 ip2004 sets in total at 3 different locations. The site I'm having the problem with has 2 ip sets. They have been working just fine for 2 years. A new IT group is now handling the network and claims nothing changed. Now both phones keep resetting about every 10 minutes and the message come up no connection to server then they come back up.The BCM alarm log reports " NO PUBLIC MEDIA FOR IP SET @ 192.168.XX.XX. Any ideas?

BS nothing changed!!!!!!If I had dollar for everytime an IT person told me that, I could retire tomorrow! Although it is possible, I seriously doubt it.

First thing I would do is check the IP addressing. They may have statically assigned addresses to something that your sets are receiving via DHCP and didn't change their scope to accommodate.

If that's not it, try patching the system current. That will cause a reboot and if it is the BCM, that might resolve it.

I have to assume that these sets are local to the 400 and everything is connected to the same local network.

No, the 2 sets are at a remote location. The customer has a vpn tunnel setup. What do you mean by a patch?

Software updates to correct issues with the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back