Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phones Resetting Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpotu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
Hey guys. Comming back to the pros for some advice.
We just had a power blip. (We have the Avaya system on a battery backup and it didn't seem to lose power)

Now our IP phones are flashing username and extension instead of staying static like they normally do on the display.
(Like it's going between 2 pages of data if that makes sense)

As soon as we pick up the phone to make a call the phone reboots. (Hapenning on multiple IP phones)
I've rebooted the phone system twice with no luck.
I managed to 'fix' two phones by doing Mute - C - L - E - A - R and then reconnecting the extension.(However this fix is not working for all of the phones.)

Phone model 1608-I
Avaya IP Office
Our Server that the IP Office software is on hands out DHCP addresses to the phones and they are routed to that server via a separate VLan.

Any advice would be great.

I was just testing again.
Made a call from IP phone to IP phone and about 10sec into the call I got a display message "link down" on the IP handset and the call dropped. And my handset rebooted.

We use HP Procurve switches.
I reset the DHCP server and then rebooted IP Office one more time and everything seems to be fine now.

We are currently using wireshark to look at our network and see if there was something causing issues with the network.
It might be that I just needed to stop and restart the DHCP services on our DHCP server.

Thank You so much to everyone who contributed to helping me out with this.
I love this community and how helpful you guys are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back