Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phones Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOLKOM

Technical User
Jul 9, 2008
AE
we have installed AVAYA IP500 with IP telephony solution. The customer has Fix firewall (Microsoft 4.TMG) when customer disables this fix firewall the phones are going to discovery mode. The fix firewall address is assigned in router address in AVAYA IP Phones.

Kindly assist.

Put another Router in that will route the traffic in place of the Firewall, or change the router address (either statically or in the DHCP scope options) to the Router you now want to use :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

there is no router in place.

Then how do you except that traffic to get routed to the correct destination? That's the role your firewall must have been playing and why it's now failing :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

as our company policy we do not want ip phones to use my firewall address. all these are connected in LAN only. According to my understand IP phones should work without router address. Some where i am doing mistake.

Why not use the IP Office as the router fo IP phones?

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

what configuration has to be done in ip office

IP Address assigned through External DHCP server. but the system is connected to Head office as well. My firewall (Microsoft 4.TMG) is connected to head office router via internet.

How do the rest of your network get IP adresses and which router/default gateway are they using?

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

>You need to put the IP Office as the router address if it's all on the same LAN

I don't think it is on the same LAN... If it were, changing the router address in teh phoen would not affect it like this.

Please post IP ranges that you are using.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

IP office is 192.168.48.250

My firewall is 192.168.48.1 and subnet 255.255.248.0

A network without a router should not be called a network!!!

Set the ipo as dhcp server and check the option For avay IP phones only.

Be sure you use a spare range and you will be fine.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Just remove the options in the server :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back