Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phone on UCX 50 no connection 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atdjr123

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
US
I have a UCX 50 w/ Gateway behind a netgear router. The system works decently w/ Norstar digital phones however the Avaya 1230 IP phone can not reach the DHCP server. Do I need to have a switch between the router and phone??? I've also looked in the router to see if I can see the phone but can not.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

It is possible but you'll need another working one to know for sure. Does your tftp server ever show thata request was made to it? You might have turn off your firewall in your PC to make this work.

Well I guess I'm getting closer. This time when rebooted it displays waiting for cfg data and then displays no LLDPDU's received.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

Well, correct me if I wrong but that sounds like it's working properly. In the phone programming you have the LLDP set to yes which is why it's telling you it hasn't received any yet. It won't hurt anything to leave it but it will extend the time it takes to come on line. Now you should go in and set your S1 server address to the UCX and it should communicate with it.

Also forgot to mention that if you set your phone with a static ip, it might not show up in the router because it didn't dhcp to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back