Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone - Invalid version

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattKnight

Programmer
May 10, 2002
GB
I have a 4602 phone on a IP401 (version 2.1.62) and have it working OK. When the phone is restarted it collects the 46xxSettings, 46xxUpgrade and 46dtbe1_81.bin files ok (bin file name may be wrong, but tagged as version 1.81) from teh TFTP server ok but the phone display shows "invalid version"

The phone was previously used on a V 3.1.56 system.

I thought the phone would downgrade when the lower version bin file is made available

Am I wrong or missing something else?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Good luck on this one: I have been waiting for over a year for Avaya to either tell me that you can or can't downgrade the firmware on the 4602. One would think that there must be a way to force it to take any arbitrary bin file, or reset it back to some base level. Otherwise, how would you train technicians in the upgrade process? Once upgraded, the set is useless for this training unless it can be rolled back. If I ever get a response, I'll post it.

You can downgrade these phones. The problem is with the 1_81 bin file. You cannot downgrade from 1_81. You need to go up to 1_82 and then downgrade. There is a problem with the 1_81 bin files that mean you cannot downgrade. You have to go up to go down.

BigNads

Unfortunately, the phone is at 1_82 and the target is 1_81, and it doesn't work!

Take Care

Matt

I have 100% had this issue and resolved it. I know you def can do this as it was escalated to Avaya and resolved. I may have given you some flaky info regarding bin file version. Im going to try it now. Will let you know in fifteen.

Is it possible to use the 4625sw with color display,somebody
gave me a pair of these phone,s.

There is no file in the managermap and also in the ipo matrix these phone,s are not listet.
But somebody got it working.

Greets Peter

As i suspected.

These phones can be downgraded. I have just done it four times. My 4602 was at 2_3.bin. I have downgraded it to 1_82.bin and then 1_81.bin and then back up to 2_3 which is the latest with 3.1 56.

If you type hold view (8439) on the phone and scroll through the settings you should see the bin file the phone is currently working on. If it was on a 3.1 56 system then it should be running 2_3 and not 1_82.

What version does it say it is currently at?

I have just checked the version. It is definitely 1_82

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back