Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitman11

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2005
US
Was wondering if there was a way to have a point to point set up in an IPO. I want to have POTS line coming in to the analog trunk and have a specific extension and only that extension ring from that number. Just wonder if it’s possible and if it is what has to be configured to accomplish this task

Yes, I believe that is possible. You can use it like a door entry. That's where someone on the outside picks up a phone and it automatically dials a specific extension. I have not configured it yet, but that is what we plan to do as well. I did read that it is possible.

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to have that specific number ring on one of the phone line appearance. I want it so the pots phone number it self rings on that 1 phone and that all. Same thing with the all the other pots phone numbers to ring on individual phones. One phone number points to one extension.

if it's just incoming calls you want directed to a specific extension, then direct the pots line to a hunt group, then add the one user to that group, and do the same for each pots line

Thamk you for your reply Jml2665. I will try that.

You can just assign different incoming IDs for each of your POTs lines. Then just make an incoming call route for each incoming ID and have the destination be the extension you want to ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back