Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office with Telecenter Paging System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2011
US
Good Evening all,
Wondering if anyone out there has set up a SIP connection from an IP Office to a Telecenter paging system. No documentation from Avaya, the paging provider, or the paging manufacturer. Any assistance would be helpful.

Rauland Telecenter? Just did one on behalf of the paging contractor at a school site.
Standard Stuff

Create a SIP line
ITSP Domain Name is the IP address of the Rauland controller
Transport ITSP Proxy Address is the same
UDP, No Network Topology, Send and Listen on 5060
Single URI, all *'s, No Registration, Max Calls per channel 1 (they only bought one license)
Short Code 3XXX / Dial / N / Ling Group ID of the URI
Incoming Call Route for the Line Group ID, incoming Number * and destination . (period)

Will try. I have everything but the URI you listed. Wondering if they have their side configured properly. Thank you and will update you

Looks like i am now connected with some tweaks to the SIP lines as my IP Office is 10.1. I can see the line is connected and the Telecenter accepts my "call" but i hear no dialtone and can press no digits. Any ideas? I am thinking its the paging system at this point.[ignore][/ignore] I uploaded the config. Note i am unable to enter a * in the URI tab. Defaults to auto

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=723a776f-e881-4011-80b1-258c294c4df0&file=00e0070eaa3b.cfg
I see your short code 5290 / Dial / 5290N / 21

What do you need to dial into the paging system? In our case, it was 3 digit extension numbers, so the short code is 3XXX / Dial / N / 21. This lets us dial 3 and the 3-digit extension number, the IPO accesses the SIP trunk and dials just the 3 digit extension number.

And yes, on R10 and up, * has been replaced with Auto

Thank you for your response. This is working with the settings i posted previously. It was actually working all along they just programmed the 5290 for all call so i was never hearing the paging tone. Again thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back