Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office voicemail recording question 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian G

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2018
GB
Hello,

We have an IPO v9 with voicemail Pro.

We have a problem trying to get a prerecorded greeting message onto the mailbox of a user/hunt group.

When an out of office is recorded from the handset(connect to mailbox, option 3, option 2) a file appears in /opt/vmpro/greetings I can press option 4 and save it as looping which doesn't allow someone to leave a voicemail.

We then replace the file under /opt/vmpro/greetings with a professionally recorded greeting that has the same file name. This new greeting no longer loops and pressing option 4 does not enable looping. We can then drop the file recorded on the handset back into the folder and looping is restored.

How on earth can we get this pre-recorded file to loop? It seems like there is something in the wav file that makes it loop when it is recorded from a handset?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Was the new file created using these settings?

PCM

8kHz 16-bit

mono

You need to edit the professional recording with a hex editor and enter on position 0x48 the value 01, see picture.
Then it will be played in a loop.
Wav_file_as_loop_on_IP_Office_VM_t7kzws.jpg

Wow....must have a look at that..
Really useful to know.
Have a star

I'll check my docs later, maybe i posted a wrong image but i have no access to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back