Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office UMS Exchange 2010 integration not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdm1215

Technical User
Jul 26, 2011
US
Hello,

I have a customer that has now two installs using IP Office 8.1.69 with VM Pro UMS Exchange 2010 where MWI and phone access to the voicemail are not working.

The tech I'm dealing with claims to have all the permissions done properly. User profile is a Domain Admin and Admin for exchange. States he can open and write into as well as delete out of any email address in exchange. VM Pro was installed using that admin user profile and has Outlook 2007 installed on the Vm server with the default account set to be the email address with exchange admin privileges.

Voicemail messages are being sent as WAV files only to the recipients outlook. No MWI or access to the message from the phone. Tech is working direct with Microsoft who is pointing at Avaya as cause of problem.

Below is the error on the exchange server when a VM message is left.

Error:
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Unified Messaging
Date: 10/2/2013 12:52:47 PM
Event ID: 1344
Task Category: MWI General
Level: Warning
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: OTISVAC-MS2.internal.o-t-i.net
Description:
The Unified Messaging server failed to deliver the MWI notification '4/6 (unread/read)' for message the UM-enabled mailbox 'Alex Young(493b7077-2f03-4e59-a410-01055fd2ca70)' associated with UM extension '323'. Until this problem is corrected, the MWI state for this user may be out of sync. Additional information:
An MWI message couldn't be delivered in the allocated time for user Alex Young.
Server IAISPDX-PBX failed with 0 This operation has timed out.

VM Pro client shows users with Exchange messaging configured but never updates showing New or Read.

Installing tech has two systems performing the same way.

Any suggestions on how to resolve would be appreciated

The instructions from Avaya on exchange 2010 integration are garbage. It took us a week to work out an issue that was very similar. It ended up being a permissions issue.

We ended up throwing a few power shell commands at it to try to get it to work. I *think* this is the one that did it.
Code:
The following command gives the user UserName rights within any Exchange 2010 mailbox database:

get-mailboxdatabase | add-adpermission -user UserName -ExtendedRights MS-Exch-Store-Admin

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Does anyony have specific documented steps for setting up UMS with MS Exchange 2010 (the exchange part)?? End user on this deal is getting quite upset and needs to get the issue resolved. Disti support doesn't help just says escalate to Avaya and they want 360/hr w 2hr minimum to advise that the issue is within MS exchange setup. Please help.

Well, the steps are documented by Avaya...but alas, they don't really work well. Did you try my suggestion above?
What other errors are you getting?

-Austin
qrcode.png

okay,
i pointed the ICR, _ voice recording check IVR, destination HG, no answer 2sec. than it goes to VM.
i created a modular- than it goes to a menu option, option 2 goes to leave mail. i leave a msg.

what did i miss?

Wrong thread?

-Austin
qrcode.png

I forwarded your suggestion to the tech I'm working with. He did not report back if he tried it or not. I'm reading as much as I can about the errors they are receiving in exchange. I've asked for screen shots from exchange server to verify what's been done but haven't received it.

Just looking for documented steps in exchange to make this work outside of the Avaya docs. Or anything others have found on this specific integration within exchange that isn't documented in the Avaya setup info.

There are no documented steps, sadly (wish I had documented them). I haven't had much trouble making it work in a normal exchange 2010 environment, the biggest issue was when we were using the UCM. NOTHING documented by Avaya worked, at all. Had to google every single error and try recommended steps that had nothing to do with Avaya. We had Avaya support, but they were, honestly, worthless. They just confirmed "yeah everything looks fine, must be something with exchange". It was frustrating, but It did end up working. Its hard when you don't have direct access to the exchange server, and you have to play relay getting the required information. It's easier if they just let you run the commands and test, but that rarely happens.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Star for you AACon,

The powershell command you sent plus another step in MS Exchange regarding FQDN resolved issue on one system and second resolved by removing and redoing permissions in exchange for the other. Thanks very much for the assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back