Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office SoftPhone - solutions to problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IP Office Softphone ends calls by itself. New system installed a month ago with all latest updates. I installed the softphone software on a macbook running parallels software with Windows7 installed. Softphone comes up and logs in no problem via in network or VPN. However, 2 seconds after a call is initiated or picked up, it ends the call all by itself. Ideas??

Probably related to the odd OS setup you have it running on :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Can anybody help with using account codes and other buttons?

To make outbound calls we have to use account codes:
On the normal phone you just dial it (ie: 500#) but I cannot do the same on softphone?

Please advise

Thanks for all the tips. They have been helpful. Has anyone ran across not hearing audio between two softphones? Normally I'd just shut off direct media path but it's greyed out on the sip extensions.

Thanks for the help,

Bill

Hello Bill,

I am having the same issue. I also tried to manually create my own SIP extension to turn off Direct Media Path but the softphone always takes a different Base Extension.

Did you find a solution to this?

Try adding an iproute in the pc running the softphone.
It must be a routing issue.
Point the route to the ipoffice.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

We found it to be a routing issue between the two sites. Once the IT Consultant made changes it all began working.

Anyone come across an issue where the Directory is blank?

ACSS (SME)

I never touched anything...

Yes, we have had problems with the Directory on 6.0.x
But it was not blank, it just did not update correctly.
But with 6.1.12 it is working fine for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back