Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Server Edition Two PRIs with two expansions in two locations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimeABTech

Programmer
Aug 22, 2012
CA
Hey Everyone, installing a RLS 11.0.4 Server edition this week. We are replacing a CS1K, so I have the Telco changing the protocol from NFAS to FAS. We have a Primary and Secondary Expansion V2 500 chassis both with PRI Cards in it. The Primary has expansion 2 and secondary has expansion 1. Both are located in different buildings for redundancy, but also have the same PRI circuits split by the Telco. My question is, since Telus can send calls down either PRI. I assume I have to add all the incoming DIDs into the incoming call route for both expansions. Can I create an ARS in both the primary and secondary and use the same line ID to call out? Or what is the best way to pull this off, as we have 300 J169s going in and twinning will be on over 80 phones. Just not totally sure on the Short Codes and where to program the incoming call route. Thanks

Line ID should be different in server edition solution.

Incoming can be the same on both IP500 with the corresponding locale line group.

Outbound set ARS am every IP500 to the local PRI and an overflow ARS pointing to the other IP500. To avoid that the call comes back use another prefix with the telephone number dialed in that overflow ARS like 9N/Dial/888N/Line to primary server.

On primary server create a short code 888N/Dial/9N/line to second IP500.

Do it similar on the second IP500 but use 889N within overflow ARS and on primary server.

If you would just use 9N for the overflow the call would always come back to the first local ARS and would never go to the second IP500.

Hope it's clear what I wanted to tell you.

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Build the incoming call routes on the Primary server (even though they won't be used for the PRI's), this should allow you to duplicate/copy them to both 500v2 units without having to manually do it. Make sure before the duplication of the routes, that the destination's are set for every DID. Then after the routes are duplicated you can remove the Primary server routes if so desired.

IPO AIPS/ACSS/APDS Certified - Field Systems Engineer

@derfloh
hi good day. is the user will be still using one short code for calling external number which is the 9N? Thank you.

Yes! It will point to the main ARS of his local system. You can have ARS 50 in every system. ARS points to the local line and overflows to primary server (with changed dial prefix as mentioned) and from there to the second IP500.

Need some help with IP Office? CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back