Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Select 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

macbeto

Technical User
May 19, 2015
ES
Hi,
I am installing a Virtualized Primary Server + Expansion Server IPO500V2. Is my first time in SE so I am a bit confused with the way it works. I see in Manager both systems (Primary and Expansion) and both have the same tree (users, extension, groups,ars,...) so my question is the ip softphones and sip trunks are going to be in the Primary Server tree but my digital stations are in the IPO500V2 tree. Should I copy the same info from the Primary to the IPO500V2, I mean, short codes, ars, groups,...or all the info only should be in the Primary Server and the IPO500V2 only should have the digital extensions? I don't understand the sense of having 2 different systems with 2 different trees, when both systems should be integrated in one in order to have only one administration, from my point of view.
Thanks

Users, extensions, hunt groups, trunks, ICR and ARS have to be added per system. IP endpoints and trunks are usually configured in the server.

Short codes, oder rights, locations are configured globally.

Dial short codes and meet me conference short codes have to be configured locally though.

It's really two systems. You might want to consider putting your IP users on the 500v2 also seeing you don't have a secondary server.

500v2 IP sets can fail over to SE but SE cannot fail over to 500v2. Just a thought.

It's only dialtone!!!

If OP is really talking about Server Edition Select (expensive!) it is possible to let IP Endpoints fall back to IP500.

Thank you for the answers.
The idea was to add all the licenses in the SE because it has High Availability with VmWare, but our digital extensions has to be in the IPO500V2 system. So basically all the IP Softphones are going to be registered in the Primary Server, and the same with the Sip trunks, but obviously the digital extensions will be in the IPO, so in order to make calls for those extensions I suppose I need to replicate all the ARS analysis from the Primary to the IPO, and the same I assume calls from Ip Softphones to digital phones will process correctly and vice-versa. But for me as an idea is weird not to have everything integrated in the same tree.
The idea of having IP Softphones and SIP Trunks in the Primary Server is that IPO500V2 is only there because the digital extensions, and in case of a failure of the IPO it doesn't matter not to have the digital extension for a while, but the Ip Softphones are quite important in my Call Center, so should be in the Primary Server because it has HA VMWare resilience.

Hi mcabeto!
In SE with V2 Exp, all devices IP or SIP and your licenses need to be configured in Primary Server. All TDM extensions and trunks TDM need to be configured in Control Unit.
I have customers with this scenario. In Primary Server Short Codes, I have 1 short code "0N / Dial / N / ARS :50 Main". In this ARS I have a string "? / . / Dial / Number of line group id of trunk with IPO Expansion". In IPO Expansion, I have a short code "0N / N / Dial / ARS x" and in this ARS I have the destination for the call.

Inportant: Licenses of PRI trunks need to be applied in V2 Contro Unit!

Good luck! [morning][peace]

That will not work because you lose one leading 0 from PS to Expansion.

Nevertheless - apart from VMWare HA - you can even plan to register H323 desk phones to Expansion and let the server work as fallback for them. Depends on how many phones we are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back