Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office SE Failover? Resilence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonecable5

Vendor
Jul 30, 2015
MX
Good day everyone.

We want to achieve this with an IP Office 9.1 system
We have an IPO SE with 200 users, all IP Phones 96X1, VM Pro a separate server and a IPO500 v2 system where are located the E1R2 trunks.
We want when the IPO SE system dies, the phone will automatically register with a second system (secondary server? Additional server? Dual config?)

both IPO SE would be connected to the IPO 500, which gives us the E1R2 trunks

It is not clear for me if i need (2) servers with the same configuration and licenses in both systems.

Or, it is possible configure the system in this way?
IPO server 9.1, 200 users, Then IPO SE dies, then IP phones registers on the IPO 500 system and continue working normally.
(again, i need the same quantity of licenses on IPO 500?)

I know I could move to a system with AURA to achieve this, but is not an option...[surprise]

That's basic stuff. There are server edition reference configurations available from Avaya.

Register phones to primary and use secondary as resilient call server. It works the same as SCN.

Licenses are kept central on primary besides CTI, E1 Channels, Softconsole and WebCollaboration.

But Server Edition is meant to be run as an "active / active" setup. with some phones registered to each server. Not really meant to be a "hot standbye I've had that discussion with Avaya ATAC already

I would call it "warm" standby. If configured correctly ongoing calls stay connected and phones will reregister with their alternative call server after 3 minutes.

So calls will not drop but phones can't start a new call for three minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back