Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office remote phones having problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Mesa

Vendor
Sep 18, 2021
US
I have a customer with a ipoffice rel 9.? They have a remote location that has 6 9608 phones. Their IT guy set up a VPN between the two. It's been working fine for over a year. Last week the remote phones started going down. The phones go up and down, sometimes they stay up for a couple hours sometimes just a few minutes. When they go down, they go through the boot up phase then get stuck on discovery. After a time they will connect. I'm thinking it's the firewall, any thought?

Is it Sonicwall? Check ALG filter and H.323 translations.

- IP Office Tech

Yes it is a sonic wall. What should the ALG filter be set to and the H.323 translations?

Yes it is a sonic wall. What should the ALG filter be set to and the H.323 translations? My apologies to say check that they are off.

- IP Office Tech

Thanks, will relay info to their IT Guy. After a little grilling I found out he had replaced the sonicwall at the remote location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back