Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office remote no audio on pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjorge74185

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2010
MX
Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with ip office remote extensions, I have Ip office 500 installed in an office, the have 2 remote offices, the customer configured vpn between the two remote offices and the main office, I put two extension on every remote site, the customer gave me the IP address that was routed to the ip office, they said it free, I mean there is no closed ports for voice and sip signaling, the phones are up and working well, I can make and receive calls form extension, even I can make outgoing calls for external numbers, but the problem is, when I pickup a call in those remote extensions there is no audio, I doen't happens in the main office, only on the remote sites, if remote extension 1 rings and I pickup the call from remote extension 2 there is no audio. I think is routing problem or the problem would be somewhere in the vpn tunel, but I wonder if someone has had any similar issue or have any other idea.

Thanks,

Jorge

try to disable direct media, this will tell you if it a routing issue. You might also need to look at the firewall logs to see if there is a rule blocking the ports 46750-50750 these are the audio ports.
Mike

Thanks teletechman,

alloww direct media path is already disabled on all telephones since at the begining we had the problem on all telephones in the pbx, I diasabled this option and it worked on the local lan, but on the phones that are registered in the remote site doesn't work, that is what makes me think on a routing problem, I think is somewhere in the VPN causing that sip messages got mess up when I pickup the call and causes the call conects but with errors.

What kind of phones are you using? Are the phones behind a point ot point VPN?
Mike

It can't be a routing issue if the phones function, obviously data is getting to and from them. It will be firewall issue if it's just no audio :)

Plus, if you needed direct media off for phones on your LAN then you LAN is messed up also :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back