Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office release 3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
We are doing an install ,CD is 3.1 whats a safe release on version 3.1 or should would load a lower version just to be safe

Cheers:)

Avayanut64:)

I think it would be better to wait a little while and stick with the latest version of 3.0 as I have heard of some probs with 3.1.. (and also with the november release of 3.0, but I haven't experienced any out of the ordinary with it myself but maybe that's because this is a smaller office with only 2 DS's and 10 Analogs...

If you have a standard installation IP Office then go for the 3.1.48 and upgrade to the Februari maintenance release wich will be available on the 28th of Februari.

How do you find out release dates? is it every three months standard or is it posted somewhere?

If you are a registered dealer with avaya they email release dates for maitanence software, yust dont be too suprised if these dates slip

Ahh....

it does look like so far they are doing roughly a 3 month/quarterly release schedule...

August
November(Early December for 3.0)
February

any word if there will be another release of 3.0? or will 3.1 maybe be stable enough for an upgrade than

Actually New release come out in March and November the rest are just pathces!

woops since 3.1 came out in November was supposed to be in above message

I would also agree with the post above that standard installs ok to use the 3.1, but fancy setups should stick with 3.0x for a while.

I like some of the features in 3.1 though such as being able to see what ports each ext is using from manager.

Did Avaya make a boo-boo on Tech Bulletin 51?
I was reading it and notice they listed things targeted to be fixed in the February 2006 2.1 patch releases??? I don't think they are releasing any more patches for 2.1 as far as I know.. think it should be 3.1 but that was released in october and you would think they wouldv'e caught that by now...

but then maybe not since they also list fixes in 3.1 february patch

Has anyone had a problem with the IP office load 3.1(29) in that the modem would answer but no modem tones and the IP phones would have only one way talk paths.

I have had problems with all versions of 3.1 with the follow me feature shutting down a hunt group. ie. if user is in a hunt group and they turn on their follow me feature, it disables the entire hunt group.

Avaya is not saying anything about this problem but I have seen it on everyone that I have upgraded, when I go back to 3.059 it fixes the problem (not that it doesn't cause additional ones, but pick your poison).

Don't load R3.1 until they release a Patch, November release 3.0.69 is your best release to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back