Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office random reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyoung85

Technical User
Feb 13, 2016
CA
We have an IP Office that seems to reboot randomly. At first the client mentioned, it happened two weeks in a row at the same time. We upgraded the IP Office from 11.0.2 to 11.0.4.3. It did not reboot at the usual time but did 4 days later. So the time and day are not constant.

We did recreate this SD card and change the IP Office 500 V2 Control Unit a year ago to due to other issues which weren't related. So I do not suspect a power supply issue.

Here is the last and only error I can see in the logs before reboot :
14:59:21 584254759mS PRN: .FATAL Program Exception address=00000000 d=5 pc=f15d28d8 f15d2b30 f15d2bf8 f15d0890 f15ce0a8 f15ce67c IP 500 V2 11.0.4.3.0 build 3

Any clues ? Any additional information might help ?

The only add-on or major change to this system that has been done recently is adding 19 J169 phones. This issue seems to have started a week after... It might not be related but I have read a lot of issues and reboot issues caused by the J series in the release notes of R11.

What firmware are the phones on?

What does system status say is the result of the reboot?

I have replaced control units whose power supplies go bad within a few days to a few weeks because of bad electrical, failing UPS, being unproperly grounded, being plugged into a standard power strip, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back