Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office QSig to CS1K down every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2011
US
I have an IP Office Server Edition R11 connected to a Nortel CS1M PBX via QSig PRI. PBX is 7.5 i believe. Every day 4 digit dialing fails. I reboot the IP Office and it recovers for another day. The channels are idle and i can see the calls hit on both side but the call wont complete. I believe this must be a d channel issue? I have set many of these up with no issues. We have replaced every piece of hardware we can. Reprogrammed over and over. Any ideas would be helpful. Called ID is a must so i cannot do a straight T1. We have also tried connecting to a few different cabinets at different software levels and the same issue. Also used multiple V2 chassis and still same issue. Please help!

It should theoretically work, but I have always done it as an ISDN connection. Works best if IPO is set to pretty much defaults as CPE and CS1K with clocking card is set as CO

Also, when I do it this way I have no issues with CLID but it might be just digits with no name. I should definitely mention i am NOT a CS1K expert, but I get by

yeah I got CLID but numbers only. I did not get names coming up.
I should mention I did this alot 5 years ago and not since so I cant really remember exactly what I did on the nortel I am afraid but it was basically the way you program an ISTN trunk for Telstra but setup somewhere as a CO or 'net' perhaps

CS1K side when using QSIG should be set as NET in the CS1K DCH RCAP, and I'm guessing it must be otherwise the DCH wouldn't establish at all. My first guess is that its a clocking issue. If you reset the trunk in system status, or disable the DCH/loop and re-enable in the CS1K does it recover?

This link would be good to go through and verify the settings on both sides if you haven't already.

Yes resetting the trunk or rebooting the IP Office fixes the issue. D channel looks up and all channels idle when having the issue.

If you can check the CS1K side for any errors that pop up that would be helpful. There should be a specific DCH error code that comes up when the trunk drops.

LCNT XX (where XX is the loop number) in LD 60 on the CS1K would show if there are any errors or clock slips. I assume there is a clock controller in the media gateway on the CS1K where that T1 card lives?

The trunk actually never drops. Calls just won't complete. Hits the channel but routes nowhere. This seems to be a common issue on the lower software CS1k but we. Moved it to a newer and the problem followed. I had this exact set up at another customer with zero issues

What does System monitor show happening on the IPO when the trunk is down?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

these are the same settings i have. We have used this same setup at other locations with no issue

is it just calls into IPO that fail, calls into the CS1K or both ways? Can you post a level 2 DCH trace from the CS1K of failed call? when its failing if you stat the loop in LD 60 whats the status of the trunks and the channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back