Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlucien

Technical User
Jan 30, 2007
US
We have an IP Office 406V2. It was installed in February. Since then, on three different occasions, we have had occurences where we had to reboot the system. We have mostly 5410s, with 3 answer stations that have 4424's with 24 button DSS. The problem first shows up on the 4424's. The lamps on the DSS start giving faulty indication....showing someone on a phone when they aren't, showing incoming lines flashing when they shouldn't be. After that, the 4424 will ring for an incoming call we answer, but we can't communicate with the person calling. This all starts happening on one 4424 then spreads to all 3. Once the 4424's are all useless in this mode, the 5410's start to fail in no particular order. If someone is on a call, the phone will stay active, but phones that aren't in use will die....no dial tone, no voicemail access, the display starts to show a timer for some reason. The only way to restore phone use is to reboot. Once that is done, we are okay for a few weeks.

When we started getting hints that it was happening again last Friday, I ran the monitor trace and have sent the report to my vendor. My question is....has anyone else seen this kind of failure ? We like the IP Office system overall, but continued intermittent failures like this were not what we were hoping for. I have 10 people who make their living on the phone, and trying to get the ones who are still on functioning phones to hang up while the others are breathing down my neck is a hassle I want to live without.

We are at version 3.2(55), with the IP Office module and one IP400 digital expansion module.

Is the Digital Module a ds30 with all ports in use?
If so you may have to upgrade the power unit, however this normally gives problems all the time. Is the system on a smoothing ups?
Cheers

Colpot ACA:Implement
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

It is a 16 port station, and it is not filled up (14 in use). We have the system on a smoothing UPS.

is your DS16 module at the same version level 3.2.55 as the 406 ?

i asume the dssis a 4450
if yes then you can have a maximum of 2 on a ip office
so remove 1 then it will be oke

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

If I am looking at the right place, the DS16 is at 5.2(17). If its supposed to be the same, please tell me I'm looking at the wrong place. (It shows the Unit Type as Dig DCPx16 .)

You are right, tlpeter. They are 4450's. How did you know you can only have 2 per IPO ?

I might be reading it wrong, but it seems to say you can have two per module. We have 2 on the IPO box and 1 on the expansion module.

should be in manager under control unit. Pull a fresh config and check that. The 5.2.17 is wrong if your 406 is at 3.2.55. It should read 5.2.55 for the expansion modules.

go to the link
go to 3.2
go to search and type 4450
the first match says this:

Provides an additional 60 programmable buttons for 4424D+ phones. Connects to the phone's ADJ port. An additional power supply unit and power outlet socket are required for the phone. A second 4450 can be chained from the first.

Feature
Detail

Connects via
DSS port on phone.

Supported by
4424D+

Maximum per phone

Maximum per IP Office

Additional requirements
4450 power supply unit on phone.

IP Office Release
1.0+

Programmable Buttons
(50x/10x).

Thanks for all the quick info. I'll look into making the changes that need to be made and let you know how things go from there. Thanks again !

also ,after reading your post again, you say you are on 3.2.55 and the digital expansion unit is on 3.2.17
you need to upgrade the expansion unit to 3.2.55
so you have two things to do

That's right. Will be attacking it from both directions. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back