Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office not starting up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyboy1977

Technical User
Dec 15, 2011
FR
Hi all,

Need a little help if anyone has come across this, basically we have performed a graceful shutdown, but when powered back up we are getting all 3 leds on the back flashing orange, approx 1 second on and 1 second off, nothing via the DTE at all.

We have tried booting with all cards out, without the SD card, tried holding in reset button, but nothing helps get past flashing orange lights, I suspsect the IPO500 chassis has failed, but if anyone has come across this and has a fix, I would be eternally grateful.

Dave.

Just unplug the power and plug it back in.
This sometimes happens when you give it a shutdown.
Somehow this goes wrong once in a while.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply, I have already tried this, also with and without the cards, we have looked closer and we think the board has been fried somewhere as the PSU seems to be arcing a bit.

It is the first time I have seen the 2 SD lights and CPU light, flashing amber all together like this, and it is instant as soon as the power is applied, no start up sequence via the DTE at all, no output at all, so something major has obviously gone wrong :(

Thanks again,

Dave.

I never seen it to be honest.
You could try a replacement SD card or a replacement chassis.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Think it will be replacement chassis, SD I think is OK as the system is not getting to the stage of reading it, next issue, I am in France, bit more that a trip to the office :)

Thanks for your help :)

Look for an IPO dealer/disty in France, you may even have someone willing to help :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for you posts, it was the CCU in the end, a guy brought two spares over for me in the end, absolute legend, drove straight here from UK, phew :)

For future reference, the first sign of the problem was I started to get errors sending in the config, then we started getting reboots every 5-10 mins, rebuilding the SD Card and config sorted this, but then I shit down the system, came to power back up and that's when I got 3 amber lights that continually flashed 1 second on 1 second off.

Cheers Dave.

Yeah, weirdly there was no smell, and no signs of electrical burn on the board, so no real signs that gave me a clue whether it was the power or the CCU board, just the arcing on the PSU drew some attention.

Yep, that'll make 'em crash every time.

I think you missed the joke, have a close look at the fourth word I quoted you on :)

Davey said:
weirdly there was no smell

Yeah, that's really weird.
I'd expect some funky smell with that kind of engineering[smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back