Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office licences

Status
Not open for further replies.

balmy57

Vendor
Jun 15, 2007
JM
Greetings
I seem to recall mention of a website where a BP can request or self-administer the re-assigning of licence codes from one dongle to another.
If this is correct, could anyone point me to the site and indicate any further requirements that may be necessary to accomplish that task?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Thanks PR
I assume that my Manager would have to register on our behalf, correct?

without getting involved in your company politics, I would probably say yes just to ensure there is some one who can monitor whats happening in regards to licencing and key returns.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCENT - Cisco ICND1
CCNA - Working towards.

It also depends on your distribution partner. Remembering that they take the responsibility for your failure to return the old dongle. Years ago it was common to allow the swap feature to the BPs but I believe many abused that ability and since I have noticed that few if any US distributors allow self swaps via their sponsored logins to the ADI web site.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Not returning the dongle is a getting a big bill
Always tell that the dongle needs to be returned quickly !!!
Put the presure where it needs to be

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks to all for your input.

Is it possible to move only some of the licenses associated with a dongle while keeping others? eg We've had a demo 403 for years and accumulated a number of licenses. Now we're implementing an in-house 500 with some new licenses and would like to use most of the licenses from the 403 on the 500 while still keeping a few on the 403.

Maybe asking too much of Avaya?

I worked for a distributor, and while it is POSSIBLE to move certain licenses off a dongle to another, it's not something that can be done quickly.

You will need to buy 2 new dongles, and then contact your distributor and they have to contact Avaya and have someone from the correct department do the swaps. This is not something that they like to do however.

And everyone is right, Avaya needs to receive the dongle within 10 days, or you'll have a pretty hefty bill in the mail. They don't mess around with the licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back