Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office hunt group multiple incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjcunni2000

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2012
US
i am having a small issue. i have a hunt group created for the main number, there are 2 extension built into it. the companies goal is to have calls ring on the first phone and if she isnt at her desk the second extension would answer the call. right now when she answers a calls, if a second call comes in it will only ring at the second extension. i would like each incoming call to ring on bot phones evenif someone is on the first line. any ideas?

Use 2 hunt groups. user 1 in group 1, user 2 in group 2. Overflow group 1 to group 2.Route calls to hunt group 1.

Turn on queuing

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

actually what i did was change it from collective ringing to collective ringing with call waiting. first time installing a IP Office so ive been hitting many little bumps along the way. but everyone was been great with your tips and advice. thanks all!

That is correct. I thought you wanted it to ring the first person first all the time then go to the second.

Indeed and then you need a sequential group.
Also you might want to have 3 call appearances on the first phone so it shows a second caller.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back