Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office FNE dialing is dialing out the one Analog line instead of SIP trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimFed

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2020
US
Customer wants someone working from home to call their customers so we setup FNE dialing and it works great. They complained that the caller ID was not the main office number. It was some other number we did not recognize. After researching we found it is a analog trunk line routing to their fax machine.
We tried all kinds of things but the calls keep going out the analog line and not the SIP trunk. I have it working perfectly on my own system and I have a AT&T sip trunk and it calls out that line and caller ID works. The customer is using Flowroute SIP trunks but other than that it is setup exactly the same way as my own system but it keeps dialing out the Analog line. I disable the analog line and it does not dial out gets a busy. I matched the sip trunk settings to my system that works fine but it still keeps dialing out the analog line for FNE dialing.
We are out of ideas. I am hoping a expert on this group may have an idea. Thanks for any help.

Remove the analogue line from the line group the sip trunks are in and put it into its own group.

Also check your ars routing and make sure only the sip trunks are being used.

Also make sure your outbound calls to Flowroute are presenting valid caller ID.

I have Flowroute trunks on my IP Office too and they will reject calls (causing an ARS failover to the backup if it exists) if there isn't valid caller ID.

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Just fixed it. The extension was for the FNE user had a analog user rights assigned that put in a short code that said to dial out Line1 which is our analog trunk. That was it the entire time but I did not see that the user short codes were setup overriding everything else.
Both your suggestions were on point but the fix was the short code. Just found out the tech used and existing extension that was the default analog extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back