Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office discovery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyankee

IS-IT--Management
Jul 7, 2005
US
Have a couple of IPO's (4.0) that the IP addresses have been lost,(connection is over a WAN) I remember reading ina document that it is possible to recover the IP address's through a monitor process on the site's routers but am unable to locate the documents again. Does anyone have that bit of info? Regular discovery methods have not worked.

Hmm. What kind of routers do you have at the site? From the data perspective, the IPOFFICE would have to be communicating through the router for its ip address and mac to show up. You could look at the arp cache on the router and match ip address to mac address. You would be looking at the first 3 bytes of the mac to tie it to Avaya. The first 3 bytes of every mac address are asssigned to particular manufacturer.

Does this sound like what you were looking for?

Connect to the DTE port in the usual manner using hyper term or something like that.

Set you r term emulation prog to capture all text to a file.

Reboot the system and let it come up normally.

Then search the trace for lan1= or lan2=

It will show the ipaddress and mask of the interfaces in hex.

Then if you are a geek you can convert that hex into deciaml in double quick time in your head, if you are not a geek you can use the scientific calculator in windows to do it for you.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

For the record, I didn't think he had physical access to the machine and was trying to figure out an ip.

If these are over a WAN connection are they trunked with another IPO that you can get into. look at the IP trunks and use the gateway addresses.

Thanks to all you guys. The routers are Cisco, ICMPMAN you put me back where I needed to be, and you are correct that I do not have access to the IPO to connect to the DTE port and my local people would not be much help. Although that is a good idea as well. Thanks a bunch

Connect to the DTE port in the usual manner using hyper term or something like that.

Set you r term emulation prog to capture all text to a file.

Reboot the system and let it come up normally.

Then search the trace for lan1= or lan2=

It will show the ipaddress and mask of the interfaces in hex.

Then if you are a geek you can convert that hex into deciaml in double quick time in your head, if you are not a geek you can use the scientific calculator in windows to do it for you.

No need to reboot
Use this

at
at-debug
system or sysname (i always mixe them up)

Then it shows the lan ports with macadress an ip adres in hex

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back