Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Communicator for Web 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshah17

Technical User
Dec 12, 2014
IN
Hi,
I was trying to get the Communicator for Web running however I am facing issues with the certificates. I tried to create a new certificate and install and it still does not work.
When tried to open the platform view in Web Manager this is the error message I get:
You cannot visit x.x.x.x at the moment because the website sent scrambled credentials that Chrome cannot process. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.
Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if this is a certificate problem or something else.
Thanks.

I don't know about 'Communicator for Web'. It is not a IPO product I think.

It is available for IP office. Avaya Communicator for Web Version 1.0 for IP Office. 9.1.2 or later is required. Avaya Communicator for Web is designed to work specifically and exclusively with IP Office. I can't seem to find the install guide. BUT I do know that the plugin requires WebRTC.

I've run it as a tool to control my deskphone, couldn't get it working as a softphone. It works but needs some 'improvement'. Needs both your IP Office login and a Google or Office 365 login. Doesn't have any integration into the IP Office directories and call log, but I suppose the expectation is that all your contacts and call history will be in the Google or Microsoft cloud with the IP Office just being the physical extension and trunk device.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sizbut same here. I have got it working only for deskphone mode. Softphone does not work. Don't know if its a bug or certificate issue.

I think the most descriptive part of this release is the number....1.0. The 2nd is the word Avaya. That being said, this product is about my last great hope that UC on IPO may eventually meet real needs. Current integration w Salesforce BITES, and is Windows only, constantly stops, doesn't work with various browsers and versions, etc- this one is Open CTI based which is what Adaptor 4 should have been. Current softphones for Mac and Windows are always different and difficult- wtf was 'Flare', softphone for Mac broke when Mavericks was released, now it comes back but is discontinued for windows- anyone use right and left hand in coordination? Maybe this one will allow an actual 'unified' approach to having softphone and/or hardphone control. Virtual meetings are replacing phones to some degree- 'unified' must include 'click to meet' and this may do that with Scopia and WebRTC (and for some reason Google Hangouts but not Lync/Zoom/BlueJeans/etc? problem is when, if ever, can it do this vs those other misguided clumsy efforts. Heck, they even screwed up personal conferencing in 1x portal on 9.1, and the list of what the re-incarnated web collaboration can't do exceeds what it can do. Take 2 aspirin, a deep breath and cross your fingers.(and hope they retract the $100/user license to make UC do what I thought I already paid for it to do)....If anyone gets it working I would be very interested...

In which tech bulletin is this product mentioned?
Seriously, i didn't even know about it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Sounds like it is only for IPO in a cloud...

There are some documents about this product on sales.avaya.com and we should be able to test is on but for now I was not able to make it works.

I'm agree with gmasters, the UC strategy for IPO it more than unclear ! With the several interfaces (1XP webpage, 1XP Outlook plugin, Avaya Communicator, Call Assistant, Communicator for web) customer are completely lost. And as each new feature cost an extra 100$ license ... I truly hope that one day we manage to have a unique interface that can handle all UC functionality (softphone, control of hardphone, video and conferencing) and from my point of view the best choice is Avaya Communicator

1XP as Backend would be OK for me. But there is a good desktop application missing that can challenge with this party apps. Inbuilt TAPI interface for the customer's third party apps, working dial plan rules, recognizing of contacts for inbound calls, IM /presence and federation with proxy services located in a DMZ, tel-URI handling and so on...

Third party apps use TAPI and we get a lack in presence if we also use 1XMobile, Communicator, Teleworker. So it is always a compromise...

If you read the Docs, THIS IS FOR IP OFFICE 9.1.2+......(while it seems to only integrate web apps, it is not for hosted IPO cloud only, it is to support 500v2 prefered, server, etc-- and Aura someday too). It was created by a company called Esna that also does UC products for Cisco and others- Avaya bought them in like ~ June. Seems like someone said- 'hey this stuff works so lets get it out there' so they released it and the basic docs in August, BUT FEW AT Avaya, EXCEPT MAYBE THE GUY THAT BOUGHT ESNA FOR AVAYA, KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT YET. Typical....poor communication for a communications company, but that does not mean this puppy doesn't have potential...I am Mr Big Ears to hear more and get some trial licenses but am no where yet. Might have to 1)call Esna or, 2) find the Product Manager, or 3) wait until Aura gets it because when Aura gets it everyone knows....(lol.....sort of like 96xx guides are written for Aura/CM and IPO guys dont get their own version).

I've tried this, but cannot get pass installing the certificate as I'm also having the:
When tried to open the platform view in Web Manager this is the error message I get:
You cannot visit x.x.x.x at the moment because the website sent scrambled credentials that Chrome cannot process

How did you get around this issue?

Thanks

Johnhyde,
I created a new certificate for the IP Office, imported it to the Chrome browser and it worked. I had to create the certificate many times. It never went green (HTTPS) it was stays red (HTTP). Never got that working.So its partially up for deskphone mode only.
Thanks,
Harsha.

Sounds like a missing entry for DNS Adresse in the certificate's subject alternative name.

Hi

Sorry, this may sound silly, but how did you create the certificate from the IP Office?
I've looked in the security settings, service, certificates, but there is no option to create certificate?

Thanks

I've never heard of this, would love to see some documentation on it.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Hi

Thanks, however the document only cover certificates from the server edition/application server, not how to generate the certificate from the IP Office.

I do not have 9.1 IP500 at the office.
Do you have an application server (or UC module) ? I think you may be able to generate certificates from the web manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back