Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office cannot dial 0843 numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo1007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2013
GB
Hi,

I had a nightmare resolving this issue so any help will be appreciated.

A company use a set of 0843 numbers so that they can call abroad at discounted rate. They have a star code set up so that if they dial *98 for example this dials the 0843 number they can then enter the destination number and speak to whoever abroad.

This service suddenly stopped working and comes up with the error message "the service cannot be connected" I have also asked them to dial the number direct but they still get the same message.

First thoughts were that the fault was with the line provider but BT are adamant there is no issues or call barring. Then I checked the company that provides the 0843's and they say there is no problems and it works fine when I try the numbers from mobiles.

I have attached a trace of the call using system monitor, if you search for 'cause' it shows the call with error saying cause 63.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=315ec10d-791a-42ef-9d1b-17cd5a36a806&file=test_call_3.txt
I can call those numbers fine from our IPO on ISDN30, how is the shortcode and beyond configured? :)

The short code is configured using dial and then I have entered the number. This has worked fine for months and then suddenly stopped working. Its very strange.

I have not used the ARS table in the past but I am just looking at help in manager now to see hpw to configure this but again any advice will be appreciated.

Code No. 63 - service or option not available. unspecified.
This cause is used to report a service or option not available event only when no other cause in the service or option not available class applies.

if it was working & has now stopped the issue is almost certainly NOT with the IPO.

turn on ISDN layer 3 TX & RX in your trace & check the correct digits are being sent to line.

one possibility
does the 0843 number require a pin or other authentication after it is called that may have changed or expired or has the account be suspended by the provider?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

The account is definitely not suspended and there is no code to type in. I am struggling to find T3 tx and rx data. Which tab is this under please?

It is ok I found it and the correct digits are definitely being sent to the line. The issue is almost certainly with the company providing the 0843 numbers as successful calls have been made to 0843 numbers with another carrier. Thank you for the help here

I can call the numbers in your trace, so the 0843 provider is working fine, it will be a funky routing issue from your particular exchange or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back