Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office 9.1.3 and patton smartlink m-ata

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

I've got myself an ip office running 9.1.3 and a patton smart m-ata which will be used for a fax machine.

The extension is set up fine, I see it registered as a sip phone with the ip address I have given it. I can call (voice) to / from it without any issues.

However when I put a fax machine on the end, the fax will not go. I have tried setting the fax speed for the T38 as low as possible, I have even changed the tranport to g.711 as a test, and the fax machine will "connect" but it never prints out. The only thing I see on the ata is the system light keeps flashing. And for all of my digging through patton's forum i can't find out what that means.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards

You need to fix the fax down to 9600 if possible, but sometimes fax flat out will not work with SIP :)

What trunks do you have? If SIP, carefully watch the process from Monitor and see if there is a re-invite to/from the carrier that is not happy. Also put your test set in parallel with fax machine and monitor the call progress. When does it fail? If at first fax tones - then likely a re-invite thing. If it tries to train/sync for 15+/- seconds, then maybe the sampling isn't high enough. Fax over IP is always a crap shoot.

I had a similar issue in the past - what firmware are you running on the MATA?
If its older than M-ATA_0011.r0 then get that firmware from their site and you should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back