Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 9.0 basic mode auto dial intercom page problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinnessbsc

Programmer
Jan 23, 2007
US
Hello all,

I'm working on my 1st IP office install, and trying to make it simple for the customer to "voice call" or as avaya calls it, auto dial intercom page. It works when I use *xx without a problems but not when I configure a button on the phone to do that, instead it rings the extension. Does auto privacy have anything to do with this or is there another way to configure this?

1) all the best IP Office engineers here refuse to use muppet basic mode, where ever possible try to insist your customers use essential edition (the clue is in the name).

2) how exactly have you configured your button? are us using a feature of Dial to dial *xx, as a user for BLF operation or some other way?
(don't use a Dial button to activate short codes!)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

yea, I understand the "muppet" mode thing at this point. This customer is a mom and pop towing company that wants things as simple as possible. I used the web interface to configure the buttons for "Auto Dial - Intercom Page." Sometimes it works, but mostly it just dials the phone. If I do it the longhand way *xx, it always works.

Try adding a button under Auto Dial Intercom and when prompted for the number add *(Ext) .

I just tried that jinxs, just like the web interface method, it pages the first time, then rings every time after. My vendor is sending me a firmware upgrade from 9.0.0.829 to 9.0.4.965, hopefully this fixes it.

This has been a problem for many releases with the Partner version/basic version. After you program the button for page it works once and then reverts back to ringing the phone. I would try the upgrade, but I am not confident it will. Post back either way to let others know if it worked or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back