Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500V2 V 8.1.52 - Any known issues??

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepcsupport

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2012
GB
Hi all,
Just powering on a new system 8.0.18 at the moment. I know that best practice is to update to the latest version but are there any known issues with the latest version?
It will be used in an IP environment, 150+ phones mostly 1608 and 1616. VM Pro PRI lines.

Also I am migrating them from a Lucent Phone system. Any tips regarding migrating the softconsole / existing users and DDI's?

Many thanks

Andrei.

All known issues are listed in the tech docs.....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

certainly not all known issues are presented in the caveats page.
What is the caveats purpose anyway?
It does not archive prior bug finds that have been patched and does not list all known bug finds yet to be patched.

I don't even go on there anymore, my Nanna (grandmother) has more up to date information on current bugs than that site and she can't even remember her own name :)

zactly. I get a better bug report from my exterminator than the caveats page.

Ok, If you refer to Article 147 it doesn't mention anything except problems with 9508 + BM12 module. I am asking if any of you have updated and had any issues or heard anything.

I know they do not mention / update every issue that pops up.

Thanks

Andrei.

One possible "bug" could be a Manager bug.
I upgraded a site to 8.0.46 (came out the same time as 8.1.52) and it was installed and thus upgraded on E:/ instead of C:/
Somehow it was deinstalled from E:/ and installed on C:/
I am sure it was set to E:/
So perhaps this could be the case on 8.1.52 too.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

have you got lots more phones than what you need? We may be just unlucky, but have had untold 1616's lose their brains out of the blue. with that many phones, there are going to be some duds regardless of version.
Sorry for lack of optimism on hardware phone front... never had any cards/ systems go belly up though yet since the IP500v1 power supply dramas. (that Avaya completely deny) over half the IP500v1's we've maintained have had power supplies blow. that's staggering and compelling all at once. but not a single IP500v2.

apart from that, you've got more chance of support/ success in solving if on latest release.... and we all can benefit from guinea pigs getting stuck into the carrots and getting belly ache! ;)

you'll never install any system if every issue was covered off, so I say go boldly/confidently into 8.1.

Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back