Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500v2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhmrt

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2011
Hi all

I am new to the IP Office System. Company I just got employed in just got IPO installed and things are all going wrong. They have multiple branches located throughout the U.S. But first thing's first. In my location, we have it installed, running on 3 T1s, with a fourth as a backup/failover. Our current problem is, when placing calls it takes at least 5 seconds before any ringing is heard, sometimes it can take as long as 10 seconds. I think that's weird. The installers are blaming it on improper grounding? Well the units aren't grounded at all. I just think it's more on the programming side. Second issue, what module is needed for faxing? These guys installed our unit knowing we have faxing, but apparently the correct add-on card was not quoted or purchased by us?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. As I have very high doubts that these guys are as competent as they make themselves out to be.

Thank you.
John H.

That means it will take 6 secs to connect, when pressing # if it takes 3 secs then that's the delay from the provider/lines so that plus the 3 sec dial delay timer means 6 secs :)

Untitled-1.png

Oh so there's no way to get rid of that delay between me and the provider right?

When you press # the system sends all dialled digits at once (en-bloc) it takes like milliseconds, so any further delay is the connection time from the provider, you need to speak to them to speed that up of its even possible :)

Untitled-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back