Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip office 500v2 Parnter version 8.1 sip trunk to another system. Rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPM86

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2023
US
I have been playing around with this for about 1 month now.

1. setup sip ext. on asterisk box. (using issabel distro.)
2. setup sip trunk on ip office.
3. asterisk says sip trunk is registered.
4. program phone button to use sip trunk.
5. press trunk button. Comes up asap (rejected)
7. asterisk log say nothing.

Tried to track down help on call rejected. Really got nothing. At this time. I just want to pickup the partner phone. Press the button.
Dial a number or ext (that will come later when I program in dial plan.) and that is it.

The next step would be to dial back to the partner system. But that is another topic and I want to figure it out myself before asking for help.

thanks,

Josh

Could be one of a number of things here.

- Have you looked at the Monitor trace from the IP Office to see what it's sending/not sending?
- Have you got SIP trunk licenses?
- How have you programmed the button to 'use sip trunk'? What kind of phone?

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

For this experiment even though I have an IP office essential edition. I have not trunk licenses. I'm using the Partner (basic) edition that allows 3 channels without a license.

The only example I found was you program a button to access the sip channel. In my case 9. (I need to remove the extra analog daughter boards.)

The phone is a Partner Eurostyle 34D

I guess I could trace it. one of things I was thinking is that even though the system shows the trunk is registered. Is not to say I stock a ip address in the wrong sport.

Oh and one more thing. I did find some other examples of redirecting stuff. But I wanted to stay away from that now. You know start with the simple stuff.

Also, when budget allows. I'll be picking up a t1 trunk card to do cross over between the two office systems. Once again due to licenses. But that is another subject.

Thanks,

Josh

I can't say much about muppet mode IPO and SIP but I would guess it would need digits to pass when it connects. I would try programming the dial 9 access to go out the SIP trunk. That way it would have a number it is dialing before it connects to the trunk. I also don't know if basic supports enblock dialing. You may want to look at that.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

You are correct about that. But, I'm thinking of selecting pbx instead of key. This gives me some more options I have read about. Including allowing me to press 9 and then it will got to the sip trunk.

I'll keep you guys updated. All in fun you know.

Thanks

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back