Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 Password Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbie98

Technical User
Dec 14, 2012
GB
Hi All,

I don’t think this is possible but any help is much appreciated?

Currently we have got 10 x Avaya IP Office 500 systems across the UK and we’re currently in a dispute with our maintenance provider. They have the Admin password and they gave us a limited account for making basic changes.

I know that we can reset all the passwords back to their defaults via the RS232 on the back of the system. However, I wondering is their anyway of actually cracking the password? If we’re able to do this then it would allow us to reset the security on the remote system more easily without a site visit.

We do have access to an IP Office 500 onsite which is also password protected that we can run any tests on which you may know of.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

We wouldn't tell you how. Sorry.
We'd just default sec settings. Have you thought aboug paying the bill for the work they did?

Remember your training and you will make it back alive!
'Would you like to know more?'

It's nothing to do with the paying them for the work which they have done, there all paid up. The problem is that we don't have confidence in them to do the work which we're asking them to do - hence the dispute.

All the systems have been purchased outright but they never gave us full admin access and that's where we're at now.

If you really have 10 IP Office systems in your business providing your telephone services, then regardless of any maintenance dispute do you really want to find out that all the admin passwords are hackable do you!

Anyone with physical access to the systems can run a process to reset the security settings back to default. That's your way in if you decide to go to another maintainer and the old one doesn't hand over the existing passwords.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Give NTE networks in England a call and see what they can do. They are active on these forums and know the IPO inside and out. You should be in good hands. I have no association with them other than this forum.

Some customers are sensible and can be trusted with the pen. Others shouldn't be given crayons.

Remember your training and you will make it back alive!
'Would you like to know more?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back