Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office 500 multi mwi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotic101

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
CA
Hello, I have a very simple request. I'm very new to the avaya system. I was a meridian tech for 8 years but just messing around on the new avaya here and I have a simple request. What i'm trying to do it get a mwi to show up on a second phone. EG. ext 2001 is the main phone and x2004 is a second phone with bridge appearances. I would like for x2004 mwi to light up when x2001 has a vm. I thought it was the source numbers and just put in v2001 on the user 2004 but i can't get it to light up.
thanks for any help.

Current version is 7.0

You have the correct idea. The V2001 source number should do exactly what you are looking for. Perhaps reboot the system after you make the change.

Thanks. I will try the reboot after hours and let you know.
thanks again.

Thats not going to do it. You can only do have the light go on for multiple mailboxes if those mailboxes are hunt group extenstions. Then it would be H<HGroupname> in the source numbers tab. SO if I wanted the light on my phone to light up for messages in the mailbox for hunt group GeneralMail, it would be HGeneralMail in the source numbers tab.

Indeed, you cannot light another users light with a USER mailbox, only with GROUP mailboxes as bdelmar said :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.gif
Not happy with Avaya ATM....

Good to know, my apologies. The V2001 source number sounded like it would have worked to me.

Thanks. I tried the first suggestion but didn't get the results need and then read somewhere about the hunt group. I put in the Hhuntgroup and everything is working. Pretty different from what i'm used to in a meridian system with meridian VM.
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back