Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 412 Users vs Extensions How Many

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusedtwo

Technical User
Jul 23, 2008
US
What are known issues of going over 360 users on the 412?

A system I maintain currently has 270 users on it but only 208 extensions. Of the 208 extensions their are 8 analog, 16 IP, and the rest are digital. Most of the additional users are being used for routing calls to a fax server. Example being, a call comes in on DID number which routes to a particular user which is then forwarded to a hunt group made up of analog extensions going to the fax server.

The customer is already wanting add another 100 DID numbers for faxes and to do this I will need to add 100 more users which will put me at 370 users. They are also looking at adding another digital expansion module for new employees, which just adds to the user problem. I will still be under the 360 extensions however.

In case their are any questions as to why it is being done this way, this was the work around given to me to fix the problem with DTMFF were it would not forward the number being called it would send the user/extension number that the DID number was routed to when we originally installed the system.

Currently they are at Release 5.0.8

360 EXTENSIONS (ports) is the limit. You can have > 360 users.

No, haven't tried with the new release. It was installed with either 4.0 or 4.1. I will have to set one up and see if the newer release will send the information correctly now or not.

Do you have VM Pro? I imagine there is a better way of routing the faxes other than all those phantom users :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Yes, have VM Pro but we are maxed out on licenses and run out of pathes to voicemail now as it is.

Rip out the Analogue fax card and replace it with a ISDN2 card.

you can then route directly to the card using shortcodes only

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

route a DID number to a specific group, add the eight FAX ports to the group. The FAX ports must have DTMFF activated and when a FAX port answers the call it will receive the groupnumber as DTMF so you can identify the call coming from a specific ddi number.
You need a group for each DID number though.

we use short codes for routing fax calls to a fax server.

if your group was 200 and your fax digits were 2255 you would make a code like this

dial ext
200D2255
Line 0

you can use X's and N as well. the only thing you need to change is the analog ports. they will not need the caller display type. it should be set to none.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back