Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 406-dialing extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGIPoffice

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2008
US
Two of our locations have IP Office 406 Build 3.2(53). For the past week, when you call certain extensions you do not get their voicemail but your own. Not everyone is affected, I have reverted to an older config but it still happens. I have rebooted via the system and removing the power behind the unit but nothing worked. Some individuals are prompted to enter a new password for their voicemail.

Our telco says its not them and others don't think its the Avaya.

Please help!

Thanks.

Do you have a vmpro server ?
Is that upgraded too ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

That certain extensions, are those extension on a remote site called form the other site ?
Sounds like no channels to the other end, this is then the result

When we call from our remote site to the other remote site and when you call within the remote site as well. Channels are in service. DID's to extensions working fine.

So you are using SCN or Advanced SCN? I assume you only have one VM running for all sites not each with their own.

ACS - IP Office Implement

No advanced on 3.2 :)
Did you try to reboot the vmpro ?

You need to look in monitor form the remote site and look for voicemail sessions

OK smarty pants, I never noticed the Software level..:) , Sounds like changes have been made in the VM or as tlpeter said it's got all tied up and needs a reboot.

ACS - IP Office Implement

Reboot was performed on the VM Pro a few days back. Good try though. BTW, no changes have been made.

You need to see with monitor what happens when a remote phone calls an extension and gets voicemail

I will continue with this on Tuesday. The long weekend is here. Thanks all of you for your help! Have a nice weekend, I will keep you al posted.

I have just be fighting this exact same problem after I changed the IP address of the unit.

Try deleting the extension, send the cfg, reboot, recreate the extension, reboot.

Problem solved. It was an issue with a short code that wasn't supposed to be there. Thanks everyone.

What was the short code? I have the same problem, I'll be looking through the short codes but I'm not sure that I'll be able to identify the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back