Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office 3.1 outgoing cid

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewdown

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2006
US
Hi I have an older system that has 18 analog lines and is having issues setting outgoing caller-id. I can't seem to find and outgoing line group and it looks like for each line they each have their own outgoing line group ID. Is that possible? Also the short code I am using is

SC: 9N
TN: Ns5125551001
F: Dial

But yet when I call out on that line it still shows the actual DID instead of the CLID I want sent. Anyone have any ideas?

can not set caller id on analogue lines,also you can assign the same outgoing id for all lines.

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

Ok, so then on the user short code 91N I can add the cid I want there? Is that correct?

add it all you want but it won't work, only on a pri line, sip line can be modified through the sip uri.

So no callerid at all on analog lines via the IP office? Absolutely nothing can be done?

I did not say that, you would have to subscribe for caller id trunks from your provider, but all calls will stamp the main business telephone number, you can not modify the number

If you're trying to SEND a specific caller ID on an outgoing call via analog line, this cannot be done. End of story.
If you're trying to RECEIVE caller ID on incoming calls via analog line, all IPO modules support this. Need to subscribe to the service from carrier and set in Line. Has nothing to do with short codes.

thanks Mforrence, this is what I have been trying to tell him

RECEIVE, the provider can't even do that?

Are you saying that if you have caller id trunks that they can not stamp the main btn telephone number? At 18 copper lines at $35.00 per line that comes out to $630.00 US dollars per month, you would be better off to get rid of the copper lines and gpo with a pri, granted you would have to purchase a t1 card for the ip office but would save tons of money in the long run as well as be able to modify the out going caller id.

ok if you already have caller id trunks you would need to change them from loop-start line to incoming caller id trunks

@drewdown - please ask a complete question and you'll get a complete answer. A phrase here and there means that you're not willing to invest more than a few seconds in trying to resolve your issue. If that's all you've got to invest, best bet is to call your vendor and utter "it's broke

mforrence, sorry about that.

My gf is trying to figure out a way to send CID on the outgoing analog lines from the IP Office so that every outgoing call shows the main number. Apparently that isn't possible with IP Office, is it possible for the vendor to mask the outgoing CID for all the lines?

Again I am not the user nor the vendor, just trying to help my a friend. Granted I administered and IP Office 406v2 back in the day but that was 3-4 years ago and never a system as old as theirs.

Much better - thanks. Neither IP Office, nor any other phone system, can send a particular caller ID on an outgoing call via analog line. Analog simply doesn't have the facility to make this happen. Only the line provider could do this for you. And it is unlikely that they will - but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back