Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ip office 11.0.4 softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi All.

I have a customer who wants to use softphones as they are working from home due to covid-19.
When I download the admin suite I see a softphone for Mac but not for windows.

Do I have to get it from somewhere else or has it mutated into the Equinox softphone?

Regards

@azrael2000
You're looking for either Avaya Communicator or Avaya Equinox/IX Workplace. Files are located under the 'IP Office 11.0 General Availability Software (Full Suite) on the support.avaya.com site. They're not listed under the Feature/Service pack pages.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Tac.

I think I found it. But could you send a link to the file?
I just want to make sure I am getting the right thing.

Regards

I have the Workplace which is the replacement of Equinox. Le me know if you want which route you'll take.

Hi Guys.

This customer is confusing the **** out of me.
I've given them communicator, and they say it won't log in.
I've given them equinox. Same.
I'm looking for the IP Office Softphone in support.avaya.com, and can't find it no matter what I search on. In the AdminCD they have the MAC softphone but not the windows version.

When I look at the sip phones in Monitor, and I have 17 softphone licenses, it says "No license".

I've asked them to confirm the username and password I've set on the system for their phone, and they say they put in what I told them, but it still throws an alarm in SSA saying incorrect login... and locks them out for 10 minutes.

Does anyone have a link for where the softphone is for 11.0.4?
If that doesn't work, I'm opening a ticket with avaya, because like the tree said "I'm stumped".

Edit. When I look at the installation guides for the communicator OR the softphone it says that I need power user, teleworker, office worker licenses. It says nothing about softphone licenses. Am I reading the install guide wrong?

Regards

If you look in SSA under Licenses exactly which license do you have?

You can use either Avaya Communicator (not to confuse with Avaya One-X Communicator) or Avaya Workplace (former Equinox).

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

The password for them is not the phone login it is the password set on the main user page, the one used by the Soft Console and such.
Mike

Hi Guys.

Ok. So, with a power user license I am able to log into my system and make calls.
(Yes I had the password set under Users -> User -> password.

I've tried the equinox, and Workplace but the setup asks for an e-mail, and doesn't work.
Does anyone have the IP Office Softphone (not softconsole ) software link?

I can't find it anywhere on the support website.

Oh, and I have checked in the AdminCD and all I find is the MAC softphone

Regards

When you first install the software for Workplace it will prompt you for an email login. Skip that.

Go to the sprocket symbol and manually configure the URL... this has to be done the first time you use the software. The URL should be address of IP office control unit)/46xxsettings.txt

so it would look something like this
it loads everything you need. make sure on your login password you use something that is not 1234 or 1122 or similar. It wants you to use a more complex password.

Hi All.

Sorry for the delay getting back. It has been chaotic here.
The system is an IP Office R11.0.4

I got the softphone working by first getting the right software. Makes sense, no?
I build a test sip extension so that the 3rd party who handles the vpn could test. Worked like a charm.

Now the fun part.
The 3rd party put the software on the clients computer, but he says that he gets messages:

Phone service problem. The registration was ended by the server

and

Voip phone service is not currently available.Please call your support team if the problem persists.

I am trying to research these errors but as of this writing I have found nothing.
The person they have the softphone on also has an extension (desk phone) that they can hot desk (log in / out). It is a digital phone.

Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a solution?
I will be trying to get the other two people on the line to run a verbose monitor to see what I can find.

Regards

You are using the OneXWorkspace client right?

First, does the 1X Workspace softphone work locally? that is step one, so you can make sure it is communicating with the IP Office on the local network. If it doesn't, you will be chasing your tail across the VPN.

Also, when your 3rd party person puts the software on the clients computer, is he pointing it to the correct URL?

Sounds like the SIP registar is not enabled on the IP Office? Also, you need the users to have the correct licenses and make sure they are configured.

Hi Z-man.

The software that is being used is AvayaWorkplaceWindows 3.16 on an IP Office 11.0.4.

I have the IX workspace working on a computer that is using the vpn connection already. The customer did not say if the lap top they were putting this on to work (thank you Covid-19) was a work or personal laptop, but I will confirm.

As to the right url.... I can't speak for the 3rd party. I wrote it out for them, but I cannot guarantee THEIR actions. If they can't copy and paste, I can't help.

The SIP registrar is enabled, as I created a SIP extension for the 3rd party to test his workplace phone on.
I'm trying to get a conference call going to have all party's in the same place so I can actually trouble shoot. I have better luck corralling cats.

Regards

Hi All.

I have been running monitor for this customer, and when I took a look this morning, I saw this:

Code:
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826884mS Sip: SIP REG: 2xxx +sip.instance="<urn:uuid:6d028dbb-31cd-4c87-b5b0-b99c3056c1bb>"
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826884mS Sip: SIP REG: 2xxx reg-id=1
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: ProcessNewRegistrationRequest name <> extn <2210> cfg_extn 0 cfg_user f577e880
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: ... is_flare 0 (centr 0) is_oneXmobile 0 is_XMSI 0 is_WebRTC 0 equinox_softphone 1 equinox_mobile 0 csdk_softphone 0 csdk_mobile 0  IsSimultaneousClient 0
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: cfg_extn f57e68dc vpnn_resilience f562f904
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: SIP FindUserFromAuthentication, <2210> cfg_user f577e880 from_unregister 0 is_ipo_behind_nat 0 is_phone_behind_nat 0
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: authenicateChallengeRtn 1 cfg_user f577e880
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826885mS Sip: SIP REG: user 2xxx authenticated
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826886mS Sip: SIP REG: extn 2xxx is not SIP type
2021-02-22T08:23:54 1090826886mS Sip: (f17ac190) SendSIPResponse: REGISTER code 503 SENT TO 192.168.241.30 52375

I've changed the extension number to protect the customer and myself...

I'm trying to find out what the register code 503 is, but so far no luck
Any ideas?

Regards

You don't need a SIP extension for Workplace, the user only needs an Office Worker or Power User license.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Hi janni78.

OK, I know I can do the connection with Power user, teleworker, office worker licenses.
I've done it on my test system.
However I have Softphone licenses.
If I create a sip user... just a plain sip user, the workplace phone comes up just fine.

However, if the user has a digital phone, and I have given them the ability to log in and out of their phones, when the user tries to log in as themselves (their digital phone extension) I get the above messages.

The 46xxsettings.txt file is generated automatically, because I have verified this in my web browser by going to
https:// <ip address>/46xxsettings.txt it says "autogenerated".

If I can't figure this out, time to get avaya involved by I think I have used up just about every thing I can think of. My last thing will be assigning the sip domain as the LAN ip address, and see what happens.

But any ideas are always appreciated.

Regards

Aren't the softphone license's the old licenses for the old "IP Office Video Softphone" back on release 9.x. Looks to me this customer would need the user licenses, power user, teleworker, office worker licenses. Or if it works with a dedicated SIP/Extn user like you said, then you may just need to roll that out and twin their digital phone to the SIP softphone that you say you can get working.

Almost got it working.
I had to add a sip domain... in this case the LAN ip.
The user is now getting "The required certificate is not required"... and my tls license has expired.
I think I have found where the soln is for this, but want to test on my captive system, as the customer is a couple of hours away, and I don't want to mess up.

Does anyone know what the soln is? It would be for r11.0.4.

Regards

Here is the documentation.

Start with Chapter 6. Make sure you get those certs created properly. Pay particular attention to Subject Alternative Names.
They must match the SIP Domain, and SIP Register FQDN configured on the IP Office.

It there is any mismatch, the clients will not connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back