Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP EndPoints 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADGComm

Technical User
Mar 15, 2011
US
My customer just informed me that they are opening several new sites. However, they don't want to purchase new IPO's for the other sites they want to replace the existing PRI with an MPLS circuit and put IP phones in the other sites. I'm not sure what programming on my part is necessary.

The new IP address scheme would like this:

site A: 192.168.100.x
site B: 192.168.101.x
site C: 192.168.102.x

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You may need hardware and/or licences not just programming, what system model do they have and what software level is it running, do they have a VCM card in it? :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

And if they are taking out the PRI on the current IPO and getting MPLS, they will need some sort of lines so looks like SIP.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

should you be doing this stuff customers if you dont know this what to do?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

This is something that takes planning and knowing what you are doing - I agree with hairlesssupportmonkey - this looks like a job that you want to get someone in to assist you on.
With planning and specing out first.
SIP - number migrations - MPLS - providers - licenses - IP routes etc etc...

Replacing PRI is one project
expanding to other sites is another.

I've done both at my sites ... and it involved hardware and licences ..

I appreciate all the concern with the scope and degree of difficulty.

This customer has a IPO 500 V2 CU running 6.0.8 with 12 instances of Virtual IP endpoints licenses however they have no VCMs. If the customer needs controls units and vcms for any or all of the new locations and they want to maintain there existing investment they have no choice but to purchase them. My question to the concerned community is:

I have experience with SCN however, can I get around buying the control units and/or vcm's for all additional sites and what changes do I need to make (if any) when they switch from PRI to MPLS?

Thanks you again for all your help.

When you have virtual ip endpoint then you have a vcm 32 or 64!!!
And if you know what you are doing then get it off 6.0.8!!!

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back