Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Conference Speakerphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dphoneguy24

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
Has anyone ever installed a 3rd party IP set such as a Polycom IP conferencing speakerphone or other brand on IP Office? I have a branch building that uses 5610 IP sets in some offices and they would like to have a conference room speakerphone at a large table. They don't have any analog lines in this building otherwise I guess they could use a standard POTS Polycom or comparable conferencing phone.

thanks,
dphoneguy24

dphoneguy24,

We had a customer try and buy a off brand IP conferencing phone, but they could not get it to work. I think it has to do with the IP Office needing proprietary phones. If you do find one that works I would be interested to know what kind it is.

JB

To use non Avaya IP phones you need an IP endpoints licence
the phoen also has to be H323 & not SIP.

I have never set anything up like this befor so I would recommend you arange a "try before your buy" with your maintainer/distributer

You can get a Konftel conference unit that plugs into the headset port of a 54xx or 56xx handset so you could have the phone in the meeting room with one of those hanging off it.

BigNads

What model of speakerphone do you recommend? I checked out Konftel's website and it looks like it works with the 4620 IP set. Do you know firsthand that they work with the 5610 and 5620 sets?

dphoneguy24

If it works with the 4620 there should be no problem with the 5620
the only difference with the 56XX handsets is they have been knobled to only work with IPO V3.0 upwards to prrevent definity owners taking advantage of the cheaper price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back