Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP address lost, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmcintosh78

Programmer
Aug 3, 2010
US
OOk, so I tried to login to the IP Office, and the default 192.168.42.1 or .2 is no good. Is there any way ot craft in and get the IP? Or any other way?
Thanks

Yes. I am doing work for a company that had it installed in 06. They had it connected to their LAN at one time, but have since removed it. Attempted to reconstruct the connection, but that did not work.
Static IP on my PC, can't ping to the 42.1, 42.2. Their network IP is 192.168.11.0 network, but that is a no go as well.
I tried all this going off the LAN 1 port. Even tried to attach the never used WAN port with no success.
I also have the LG and PW as well.

Use a serial cable to connect to the DTE port. Set hyperterm as in one of the FAQs above, restart the IPO then watch all of the text fly by. At some point you will see the net address in hexidecimal. Convert it and set your netcard then connect via IP.

you might find your answer here;

avaya-learning.com

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

This sounds to me like you either shouldn't be doing this (ie without permission) or you are biting off more than you can chew.

Get and Avaya BP in to sort this out and give you some training while they are at it.

All the above options will work. I tend to use Wireshark and watch it for a clue.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Aside from all the side comments, I am certified on the IPO, in 2007 from Jenne Distro in Cleveland. They never showed us this at the class.
I have not touched an IPO since 2008, and have since gone to schooling for other items.
How about the people with an answer to my question chime in and offer help if they like. And those that just want to make snarky comments move on to another post?

Yes I have. Thanks.
It is just unbelievable to think that in the tech community, that people would be so either elitist or snotty in their response to a question from a fellow tech.

Search the forums and you will find so many users or IT guys that have no idea what they are doing and want help for free. I don't think these guys meant to be snotty about it. They are willing to help.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

Get your DTE cable.
Type:

AT
at-debug
system

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

DigitelD is bang on. It's not elitism, but to be working on something, you should at least know the basics.

Also, when people are doing things that they don't know how to do, somehow it's always the product image that suffers.

Anyway, at least it's working.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

I hope that is the case.
I have been in the phone/telecom industry since 1995. Did it in the Air Force, did it as a contractor and now with a provider. I do the PBX stuff as a way to make extra money for my family and do admit I am sort of rusty on some things.

i prefer the wireshark method myself. you'll have the IP with zero effort before the kettle is finished boiling.

get an avaya-learning.com account and have a look through the tutorials and PA's. That will bring you mostly up to speed.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

I don't know if wireshark would work on this. DHCP is not enabled from the IPO, unless the ARP caches can show the IP reply from the IPO.

Then you need wireshark.
Not everybody has that installed and if you do not have an internet connection then you are stuck.
Every IPO tech should have at least a screwdriver and a DTE cable with him!

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

>I don't know if wireshark would work on this

It will

IPO broadcasts regularily, and the broadcasts will show the source address

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back