Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Address change 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygordon

Technical User
Oct 28, 2018
US
I need to change the IP Address of my IP 500. When the 9600 phone boots up it runs a It is getting this from the IP 500 box. How can I get this to run the new ip address? Thank you.

I am not sure I completely understand the question.

Are you looking to change the IP address of the 500V2, or are you looking to have the phones pick up the firmware from a standard web server on a new IP address.

If, you are looking to change the IP address on the 500V2, it's pretty easy to do, and the 46xxsettings.txt will auto update with the new IP address and service it to the phones on the next boot.

This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. IP 500 box old ip = 192.168.1.35 and I am trying to change it to 115.115.100.5 I saw this video and changed it per the video. I then cleared the values of the 9600 phone, making the settings as follows: router: 115.115.100.1 and phone server (forgot the actual name) to: 115.115.100.5. The phone will find the server and then load the file 96xxupgrade.txt and then bring back the old settings. Is there any settings on the 9600 phone I need to make? I had an email from the person that sold me the IP 500 to change the value in a file named: 46xxsettings.txt on the SD card, and I tried it also but still not working. Thank you.

Ok, if the 46xxsettings.txt file was hand edited and loaded to the SD Card, then it will have to be downloaded hand edited and re-uploaded, or the proper way would be to delete the 46xxsettings.txt file from the SD Card and let IP Office Auto Generate it with all the proper values.

Then clear the phone and let it get the fresh autogenerated 46xxsettings.txt file.

I don't see a reason to hand edit the 46xxsettigs.txt file these days anyway.

Travis

Hi Travis,

I was editing the SD card using IP Office, I didn't realize I had to remove the SD card and edit it directly. I might delete the file per your suggestion. I give this a try in a few days and report back, thank you.

Tony

You don't have the remote the SD Card.

The point I am making is that If you let IP Office manage that file, every-time you make a chance, like IP address, or SIP Port, or whatever, the IP Office Automatically updates that file with the new parameters, and everything works the way it should.

However, if you have edited the file manually, then AutoProvisioning of that file by IP Office is disabled. That is, if IP Office sees the 46xxsettings.txt file on the card, it will use that file, instead of AutoCreating it with new settings.

Most of the issues I have seen people have with IP Office are related to partners thinking they have to manually touch that file. Then down the road when there is a new feature or change, they wonder why it's not working for them.

Travis,

I will try to first edit the file on the actual SD Card, if that does not work, I will delete the file. The vendor's email to me (when it was installed) stated that he preferred to use his own file as it is only 10 lines or so versus a huge Avaya file. Give me a few days and I will report back, thank you.

Tony

Tim,

Here is what is in the 46xx file

## Call Server IP Address (The IP500 - it’s already done but this is “belt AND suspenders")
SET MCIPADD 192.168.1.130
## Disable User programming - 1=Yes
SET PROCSTAT 0
## Set User Programming Passwd to CRAFT (27238 on phone keypad)
SET PROCPSWD "27238"
## Over ride manually entered IP with DHCP Values
SET STATIC 0
## Finished
GOTO END

I highlighted the OLD IP address that the phone keeps on receiving from the system.

Thank you.

Tony

Ok found the problem, the 242 option was located in my SonicWall. I have been able to change my IP. Thank you everyone!

Sounds like you are using 115.115.100.1 and 115.115.100.5 for your IPO and file server.
Those are public IP addresses.
You will not want to have a public IP on your systems, right? And please do not expose IPO directly to internet.

Albus2:

I agree, the numbers I posted are not correct numbers, just exaggerated. Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back