Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500v2 rls 6 won't allow holdmusic.wav to be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkoby

Vendor
Apr 14, 2015
US
I have a customer with an IP Office 500v2 running release 6 that wants to change out the on-hold music. The file is the correct format but all the files on the SD card are greyed out and unable to be copied, pasted, altered, etc. I'm logged in as the security admin.
I know I can do a work-around but I need a long-term fix.

Seems to be a R6 issue were the card locks up and nothing can be done through Manager, maybe the latest release solves it.
Otherways you must upgrade to a higher level like 9.0 or 9.1 depending on the hardware used.

I've seen the same issue (also with 46xxsettings.txt and other files) with files copied to SD card with a card reader. The will be shown in embedded file management as write protected/archive and these attributes are not changeable. Deleting the files with card reader and uploading them with embedded file management solved the issue for me.

You can check if the card itself is write protected by trying to upload a small text file. If it works the file attributes are wrong, if it doesn't work the whole card is write protected.

I have experienced the same issue with R7 as well. Turns out I had the wav file in my manager application folder on the PC I was using to manage several systems. The file migrated on to multiple systems. Search the PC you have manager loaded on to be sure that wav file is not in the active directory or you may experience the same issue. Looking through manager I believe I saw a check box that says auto archive or backup/restore???? Can't remember now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back