Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 RAS dialup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ficek

Technical User
Jun 7, 2006
US
Could anyone give me a recommendation for dial up access to an IP500 for remote maintenance? I tried using Windows dialup networking and then remote desktop to the vmpro but very slow.

Really?

What type of connection is it. We use the Default RemoteManager all be it changing the username and password to our company spec, using the ISDN.

We then put a network route back on the PC and we have never had issue with the speed.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement
CCNA - Working towards.

Thanks for the reply. I am using an analog dial up to the modem of the vmpro.

Thatll explain it.

ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

The only thing I can say is doing some tweaks with the remote desktop programming to lower colour resolution, not drag accross the wallpaper with it and things like that.

ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Working towards.

It wasn't too bad to just call into the modem card of IPO 406 or 412 to make a change to the config. I guess if all I have is analog I have no other choice on IP500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back