Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 not v2 shuts off and reboots every 15+ mins. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhmarkb

Technical User
Sep 17, 2005
US
I have a 500 the customer says will shut down and reboot on its own. It happens like every 15 mins when it starts and it’s random when it happens. I.e. won’t do it when I am on site. Anyone seen this? Have replaced the power supply system is on a new UPS.

What software version ?

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Get monitor running on site.

Clcik Alarms on SSA, this will show you the last system restart and why.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Get monitor running on site.

Click Alarms on SSA, this will show you the last system restart and why.

Jamie Green

Bloody browser!!

Jamie Green

If you have IP phones make sure there is a IP route to the Gateway. I had a similar issue and it has since gone away once the IP route was built.

Do you Park calls frequently? There is a bug in a previous version that rebooted because of that beleieve it or not :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

That is why i asked for the software level but there is no response anymore.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Sorry I havnt responded faster I am the only feild tech in company now. Feel like a 3 legged dog in a race.
The ip 500 v2 is at 6.0.14 . No IP set all 5410 and 5420.
Park is used alot I thought that bug was fixed and tech support didnt go down that road while I spoke to them but that is a very good point I ran in to that on the first few I stalled with the park locking system up. I am going back to site Monday I will check the alarms again last time I went though them the only thing it showed was power down. I thught dirty power at first call but the UPS they have would keep a small town up atleast 20 mins. As well the Data server is in the same UPS the net work guy hasnt had any issue with his server going down with a power issue.
So I am thinking the power supply in the 500 itself. going back to site with a new unit Monday. That make 2 500 v2 out 13 I have installed that have been issues. ( if that is what the issue is) Thank you for all your input it helps and great call on the park I forgot about that.

All license are valid. Spoke with tech support today they said the park bug is no longer a issue. Replaced system and reused the cards and mods everything is running at the moment. Still no answer as to why it did it. Thank you all for you input it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back