Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 406v2 Analog extensions busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomboy

Programmer
May 8, 2003
US
Do you get dialtone on both ports if you plug an analog phone directly into the ports?

No dial tone on either port.

Port 1 just keeps showing busy, and the status hasn't changed since the last reboot. Port 2 shows Idle, for the same amount of time as Port 1.

Remove the cables.
Then remove those ports on the section "Control Unit"
Then reboot the IPO.
Test with a test phone on both phones.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks.. I must be a noob, because I can't see where to remove those ports. Do you mean within System Status? Don't see how to remove them. Looked in Manager. I can remove the extensions, if that is what you mean.

Tom

Not there, go to Control Unit,
There you will see 3 things:

IPO406
DS8
Phone2

Remove the phone2, it will come back after the reboot.

BAZINGA!

But there is no option to remove (in Manager) - only "New", "Copy" and "Validate". What am I not doing?

Then your only option is to remove the extensions, reboot and try again.

BAZINGA!

Ok, I finally got back to the system to do some more diags.

I removed the extensions, rebooted and hooked-up the test phone. No dial tone. BP1 still says it is busy, while BP2 is idle.

Thanks again.

Tom

Then i think it is broken.

BAZINGA!

tried *00 on the broken ports?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

They're completely dead - tried dialing anything, but not *00. When I get back to the unit, I'll give that a try though.

Is it very hot where you are?
I have seen ports stop working when the 406 was overheated.
If it is possible then unplug the power of the 406 for a couple of hours.
That worked for me a couple of years ago.

BAZINGA!

looks like they are properly broken. its possible someone patched in something they shouldnt have?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Something very weird preceded all of this - no calls were coming in or out on Monday - it took me awhile to figure out that the licensing was showing up invalid, and the only way I could correct that was to reinstall the Admin software. It seemed like something really whacked the system. Don't know if there was a power spike, or something similar. The BP1 port is tied to an outside access gate box. Of course, no surge protection. That is the port that is showing busy all the time.

So, I'm thinking the only remedy is to either replace the 406 box or add an analog expansion module - correct?

Thanks again.

You are correct.

BAZINGA!

open the 406 up and see if any magic smoke has escaped from any components on the pcb

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back