Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 403 DT30 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMWTEK

Technical User
Nov 29, 2010
GB

Hi

IP Office 403 3.0 ( 580 ) x2 DT30 Exp modules.

I have an issue at a site which reported one of the DT 30 modules being down. The 2030 handsets
aren't coming up , will display Avaya Index and disp will change on push of buttons but not coming up. Was advised someone had knocked
out the pwr supply to this module so tried a full system reboot after powering up the expan modules first. Made no
diff mod 2 still never came up. Got their IT to plug the none working module into exp port 1 and this also didn't work so looked
like x 1 faulty mod but after connecting back to original way now both dt modules wont come up.

Both DT modules have steady green light and the config looks ok with extns populated against both modules. Has anyone had issues
with the control unit causing the DT30 modules to go faulty.

cheers

m

That is a really old config and yes, I have seen all sorts of problems with these systems.
Try factory default the whole system, test the phones and if OK reload the config.
If that doesn't help replace the 403 chassis.

The most common problem like this I see are PSU going fault, they do not supply enough power to serve the module and phones, try swapping the psu's around to test.

yes as already stated replace the power supply for the 403 unit

If the PSU is broken then the unit does not show a steady green led so the advise is useless although it is true that the PSU units break down often.
I suspect it is the IP403 which is defective, if you don't have spare parts it will be difficult to solve the problem.

you can still have power but not at full voltage and we resolved it by replacing the faulty power supply but yes you are correct as it could very well be the 403 causing this issue, cheaper to 1st try replacing the power supply and if no go then yes change out the 403

No offences but I am into IP Office before it even was IP Office (Network Alchemy) and I have never seen a PSU providing half power, it is all or nothing.
What IS possible is that the PSU used is a 40Watt unit used on a module which needs a 60Watt PSU.
Were a DS30 unit with INDeX 20xx phones can do with a 40Watt PSU but a PHONE30 needs a 60Watt PSU otherwise the PHONE30 may reset when more as twelve phones ring at the same time.

Thanks for the responses , appreciated :)

never said half power, said not at full voltage meaning a faulty power supply and yes I know you have worked on these from day 1 and always look forward to your insight into these type of issues, hope you have a good night

I too have worked on these since Network Alch, and I have had many PSU partial failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back