Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 400 Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

slopdog

MIS
Jan 9, 2007
US
We had to replace our IP400 DS 16 V2. Trying to intsall new one but when phones are plugged in, it reads Please Wait... forever. On the configuration before the old one was replaced, it said version 6.1 (9) but new one is showing as 4.1 (31). Does this sound like it just needs the firware updated? If so, how is that done?? I assumed it would just be updated automatically. Thanks

using the manager application that you used to get the information upgrade the ds16 to the same version as the main unit, its under file advanced and upgrade

make sure the working directory points to

c:\program files\avaya\ip office\manager

Robb

Read this, especially the paragraphs on upgrading

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Hey, thanks for quick response. I tried the upgrade, but get error "All selected units failed to transfer". There was one unit in red with check. Then get message "One or more systems failed to upgrade".

IP office is installed on E: Drive, path to manager is correct when i check settings. Tried changing to C: as you stated just for the hell of it, but no luck.

Any ideas? Seems like it either cant find the files, or can't transfer them?? What are the files it is looking for anyway??

Thanks alot

Nevermind, i am an idiot, was using the password for logging on to Manager instead of the other one. Thanks for all your help, and sorry to as a question that has probably already answered, but was desparate, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back